I advise you to read this list about the best books for medical students. Some of these selections are relatively new, while others are classics that today’s clinicians still read and discuss. I think you will enjoy.
I recommend you to read these books before starting medical school.
- The Other Side by Kate Granger
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks
- The Family That Couldn’t Sleep by D. T. Max
- The Optimism Bias by Tali Sharot
Some popular medicine books.
- The Emperor of all Maladies: A Biography of Cancer, by Siddhartha Mukherjee, MD, DPhil
- My Own Country: A Doctor’s Story, by Abraham Verghese
- Cutting for Stone, by Abraham Verghese, MD
- Love in the Time of Cholera, by Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- B. Alberts, D. Bray, K. Hopkin & A. Johnson, Essential Cell Biology (Garland, 2009)
- The Fantastic Laboratory of Dr. Weigl: How Two Brave Scientists Battled Typhus and Sabotaged the Nazis by Arthur Allen
- Pandora’s DNA: Tracing the Breast Cancer Genes Through History, Science, and One Family Tree by Lizzie Stark